This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Some remember him as the guy who knows everything and anything about cars. Others know him for his video game skills. Most know him as Chad Lamfrom and we are telling you a bit more about him! 

Name: Chad Lamfrom

Graduated: Class of 2016

Major: Interdisciplinary Business with Engineering Studies

Certificate: ERP using SAP

Hometown: Murrysville, PA

Organizations: Sigma Tau Gamma

Favorites

Food: Chinese

Show: Top Gear

Video Game: Civ 5

Animal: Red Panda

Band: King Crimson

Favorite professor: Liyong Sun

(source)

How has life been post-graduation?

Uhhhh, good. I had the opportunity to work at a tech company based in Pittsburgh and it’s been a pretty good time.

Is there you miss about college?

Not doing anything was nice. Like, you go to school and do stuff but outside of class you just hang out with friends and you really didn’t have real bills or anything like that yet. It was sweet.

Tell us about Aptiv.

It’s a major company in the automotive industry that partially specialized in autonomous cars.

(source)

How do you like working in the tech field?

I enjoy it. I like that it is fast paced and you get to see some pretty cool, advanced, cutting-edge stuff. You also get to work with some really smart people, especially some of the engineers who actually create things.

What are your future plans?

I plan on moving to California with my girlfriend. She’s from there and it’s the capital of the tech world so it seems like a good place to go. They also have like really good food everywhere and no snow, so that’s also good. 

Any Advice for current students?

Expect the unexpected. A great opportunity could be around the corner, but also things don’t always go to plan.

Also, timing is important so keep that in mind, especially in terms of hiring!

Thanks so much for talking to us and we wish you the best of luck in California!!

Sorya Nasir

PS Behrend

Native of Santa Clara, CA Senior at Penn State Behrend Management Information Systems Major HerCampus PS Behrend, President Alpha Sigma Alpha