freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Do you want to go out someplace special for Valentine’s Day but not sure where to go?  There are plenty of hidden gems in Erie, and hopefully one of these places on our list will help you decide!

Presque Isle State Park

Of course, we are going to start off with the famous Presque Isle.  A wonderful park that has 3,200 acres of sandy peninsula, bike trails, lake inlets, and roads to peruse, Presque Isle is a gorgeous park that offers amazing views and access to nature year-round.  A wonderful drive with your date!

Smugglers Wharf

Set right next to Dobbins landing, this restaurant not only has good food, but they also boast a delicious menu.  With mostly seafood on their menu, they have the best right from the lake. During the summer, their outdoor patio is filled with flowers of all kinds that you can among while enjoying a delicious meal with your beau.

Ember + Forge Coffee Place

A historic chandlery (a place where candles were made) turned into a modern coffee shop, Ember + Forge specializes in high-quality, locally-roasted drinks that go beyond your average cup of joe.  You can buy all kinds of artisanal drinks, all while supporting a business that is dedicated to rebuilding Erie. A quaint shop where you have a conversation with your partner over a wonderful drink!

The Brewerie at Union Station

The Brewerie is set in Union Station, originally dedicated in 1927.  It has been transformed into a restaurant and brewery that offers locally crafted beer paired with an expert menu. You and your sweetheart can dine in the Rotunda, a booth in the Tap Room, or on a private balcony for two.  This place will certainly help you make a good first impression!

Watson-Curtze Mansion

What kind of person would I be if I didn’t suggest a historical place to go for Valentine’s Day?  Built in 1891, the Watson-Cutze Mansion exemplifies charm with its Victorian-era woodwork, stained glass window, and marble fireplaces.  Offering student discounts, this tour can be an affordable and romantic step into the past for Valentine’s Day!

Erie Art Museum

The Erie Art Museum also offers student discounts on admission!  Located on East 5th street, this gorgeous museum always has different exhibits on display that would be a perfect opportunity for you to demonstrate your art knowledge to your date, or maybe just enjoying each other’s company while admiring the art.

Escape Game Erie

Escape rooms are a wonderful, exciting date idea!  Escape Game in Erie has two locations that have different puzzles at each location.  Downtown at 23 W. 10th St., you can play the “Abducted” puzzle, the “Da Vinci’s Secret” puzzle or the “Forgotten Laboratory” puzzle.  At the West-side location at 4838 W. Ridge Road, you can play the “Federal Treasure” puzzle or the “Escape the Niagara” puzzle!  Go to the website to book ahead so you can be sure both you and your date will have a spot.

Erie Otters Hockey Game

Sports dates are the best dates!  The Otters are a part of the Ontario Hockey League, just one step below the NHL.  You can by discounted student tickets to watch future NHLers play fast-paced, exciting hockey all without leaving Erie.  They play at the Erie Insurance Arena, located in downtown. Check them out for a cute, sporty date night!

Planning Valentine’s Day date can make you feel a lot of pressure.  Don’t let it! The most important thing is that you and your date have a fun time with each other! Just have fun, and don’t put too much pressure on yourself or your partner.  

Marissa Litzenberg

PS Behrend '21

Sophomore History and Political Science Major True Crime/Paranormal Podcast Enthusiast, Reader of All Books.