The 5 Things You Will Miss About Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

The transition from summer to fall is one of the hardest transitions. Many look forward to being at school again with all of their friends and having no rules to follow, but they often forget that schoolwork also comes along with it. In the summer, some have jobs while others do not. Other individuals may have summer classes, while some do not. The changes from summer to fall can be big or small depending on the person, but here are five of the most missed things about summer:

1. The late nights

In the summer, nothing feels better then sitting around the fire with your friends all night with absolutely no care in the world. When school comes back around, those late nights will most likely turn into studying or homework sessions. When you know you have no homework or tests the next day, you will definitely take advantage of your night of freedom from work and stress!

1. No stress

The feeling of coming home from school to the freedom of summer is so refreshing. I am definitely going to miss summer because I don’t know about you, but school can REALLY stress me out.

1. No schoolwork

Schoolwork is one of the main reasons why I have so much stress during the year. I want every assignment I do to be done well. Not having to worrying about completing assignments for multiple different classes this summer was a huge relief. Plus, doing schoolwork just gives me a headache!

1. No deadlines

Deadlines can get people so worked up to the point of even having a mental breakdown. I can’t tell you how many times I have witnessed my friends freak out because they forgot they had an assignment due at midnight right when the clock turned 12:01.

1. Mooching off your parents

People have differing opinions about living at home for the summer. I personally enjoy it because I get to be around my family all the time and eat some fabulous home cooked meals. Let’s be honest though, mooching off your parents is a big bonus of living at home and something most of us will miss this fall.

The start of this semester will be tough at first, but just hang in there because you will make it! Good luck in the new school year collegiettes,  HCXO.

Photo Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Rachel Frye

PS Behrend

Hi, I'm Rachel! I'm a communications major with a certificate in social media. I have always had a love for reading and writing. Someday I would love to have a family of my own along with a career as an event planner or a worker in human resources. I've joined her campus to pursue my passion for writing and to speak my mind to others. You can follow me on Instagram at rachie_06 and on Twitter at rachh_frye! :)
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.