5 Places to Move to if America Never Felt Like Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

I believe during our college years is the best time to explore who we are and who we want to be. Most of the time it ends with some traveling to different countries and others even living there for a period of time. Some others chose to make a completely new life for themselves. And with there being so many places to live/explore in this world. For those who want to explore more than their culture or heritage or maybe want to figure out more about where they came from, traveling to various countries and cities and meeting the people who inhabit them is the first place to start.

Here are the top five cities students can move to after their college years.

1. Vienna, Austria

The center of Vienna is rich in beautiful architectural landmarks, including the Baroque castles and its gardens, other monuments and parks. It was ranked as number one in culture, markets and infrastructure. It is heavily influenced by surrounding countries like Poland and Italy and Hungary, giving students a chance to experience more than just Vienna’s history.

2. Prague, Czech Republic

Prague gives people a chance to experience history from more than a thousand years ago. It has hundreds of museums and galleries to show forth their historical background and exciting scenery that not only attracts tourists but maybe even people looking for a place to live and experience for a while.

3. Kathmandu, Nepal

Kathmandu is a peaceful place rich in ancient heritage and culture. A city that has exceptional art and artists, filled with different vendors selling handmade items at every corner. It’s a place that has never, and will never be boring. There is also a rich musical culture in Kathmandu, and a multitude of theatres and cinemas available that can give tourists an insight into their customs.

4. Zaragoza, Spain

Zaragoza has a story that is over 2,000 years old. Every year, there are festivals held to celebrate their folklore and local holidays. The atmosphere is always electrifying, from meeting up with friends, to commemorate their Saint holidays or enjoying great music and food – there is always a chance to meet more people and feel welcomed.

5. Maputo, Africa

Maputo has a history of arts, live entertainment, and incredible food. With such a diverse group of people from all over the world, you get the chance to see numerous traditions and customs brought together. The city itself is a site to see, with magnificent holy churches and architectural buildings to match making it a treat for the eye.

The world is your oyster, so why not explore it while you have the chance?

Sources: 1 2 3 4 5

Photo Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Junior at Penn State Behrend Political Science Major I spend half my time with my head in the clouds and the other half in food. I love food, Gymnastics/Dance, My boyfriend and Poetry.And books. I love books.
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.