This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

New school year means new beauty products, right? At least for me it does! I’m a sucker for blaming new seasons, new activities or events as an excuse for me to buy new makeup, hair and skincare products. Here are ten of my favorite products at the moment:

CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser

I love this cleanser from CeraVe! It makes my skin feel clean without stripping my skin, it also has salicylic acid in it which helps me fight acne and breakouts. 

Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

I use this toner as a chemical exfoliant and it makes my skin look amazing!! It helps reduce the appearance of pores, tame breakouts and renew skin!

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum

This serum is my holy grail!! It saves my skin from annoying scarring and any active acne. Highly recommended to literally anyone!

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid

This serum is perfect for treating dry skin and I love applying it in the morning to give me a little glow and help my makeup stick to my face all day!

Morphe 2 Hint Hint Skin Tint

This has become my favorite foundation! It’s super light on the skin but actually has quite a bit of coverage! It’s the perfect for the “no makeup, makeup” look!

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothing Cream

For the days that I wear my hair with it’s natural wave, I love to give my hair a little help while it’s wet by putting this miracle product in my hair!! It’s amazing! My hair always turns out super curly and stays for days even after sleeping, working out, etc. I highly recommend this to anyone who’s trying to get their wavy or curly hair under control!

Bondi Boost Wave Wand

My sister gifted me this wand and I must say, I love the mermaid hair trend! I of course have wavy hair naturally but this gives me a completely different wave pattern! I love using it a day or two after washing my hair (whether I’ve curled or straightened it or left it natural) to give it a little bit of a freshen up! 

ColourPop Pretty Fresh Concealer

This concealer is great for anyone who really doesn’t love the look or feel of cakey under eyes! It’s super light feeling but does have a good amount of coverage, and the price is really good! I keep using this instead of my Tarte Shape Tape.

Colab Dry Shampoo

My sister also gifted me this after raving about it and I must say-it’s so good. 10/10 recommend everyone try it out and bonus it’s only $5 at Target!!

Milk Makeup Hydrogrip Primer

Everyone needs to try this primer!! It’s completely life changing and helps to ensure that your makeup is in place all day long. It’s become my holy grail primer and I genuinely cannot do my makeup without it.

Megan Kirk

PS Behrend '21

Cheerleading. Boybands. True Crime. Makeup. College Football. Basic AF.
Ramsey Struble

PS Behrend '21

Penn State Behrend//Biology Pre-Optometry