This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Are you ready for it? Taylor Swift recently announced on Good Morning America that a re-recording of her second album, titled Fearless (Taylor’s Version), will be released April 9th! This comes after Swift revealed that Scooter Braun, the owner of her old record label, refused to sell her the masters to her first six albums. She currently owns the rights to her three latest albums, Lover, Folklore, and Evermore. 

“I’ve spoken a lot about why I’m remaking my first six albums,” Swift said in her Instagram post, “artists should own their own work for so many reasons.” 

Fearless (Taylor’s Version) is expected to have 20 re-recorded songs and 6 unreleased songs that did not make the cut on the original album. As a hardcore Swiftie that has grown up with her and knows almost every song by heart, I am intrigued about what she surprises she has in store. Will there be different lyrics? New artist features? Acoustic versions of songs? Swift is bound to leave her fans satisfied as she re-releases each album. 

“Love Story (Taylor’s Version)” was released on February 12th and gives the first glimpse of what to expect when the full album is released. With the same lyrics, music, and a more mature voice, it brings back the same whimsical vibe as the original 2008 song. In her announcement, Swift wrote, “I’ve decided I want you to have the whole story, see the entire vivid picture, and let you into an entire dreamscape that is my fearless album.” Jamming out to this song the same way I did in 2008 sparks memories and showcases her artistic journey since releasing her debut self-titled album in 2006. 

With all this being said, I am excited to see where Taylor Swift goes forward with the re-recording of her early albums, and how the 2008 original songs of Fearless sound 13 years later. Re-recording her music brings about reminiscence and new possibilities while giving Swift the upper hand in the end. Her original music is the reason that I, along with millions of Swifties, became lifelong fans. I will always love her music, and cannot wait for her to finally own all her hard work from the past 15 years. Get ready, because on April 9th, you can find me dancing up a storm in my best dress, fearless. 

Alyssa Marcus

Providence '23

Alyssa is a senior Political Science major with a Spanish minor at Providence College and co-president for Her Campus! She is also involved in PC's Mock Trial Team, Admissions Ambassadors, and Student Alumni Association. In her free time, she loves photography, traveling, and exploring coffee shops in Downtown Providence!
Nicole Idelson

Providence '22

Nicole Idelson is a Social Work major at Providence College. On campus, she is also a part of The Mental Health Awareness Board and Best Buddies. She has been involved in HerCampus since her freshman year at Providence College, and absolutely loves the club. Nicole also enjoys traveling, hanging out with friends, and eating avocado toast.