Ten Things to Remember When Getting Ready for the Back Nine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Shop this bag here!

Shop this bow here!

Shop this skirt here!

1. Be comfortable

There’s nothing worse than being at day party and needing to fix your skirt or pull up your dress. You will be far too busy teeing off to have to deal with annoying tags and fabrics.

2. Wear something you can replace

Although we love our Lily, V.V, and J.Crew for the back nine, you definitely do not want to ruin your brand new outfits! You never know where the “darty” is going to take you!

3. Add a bow!

Accessorizing is a must- but don’t forget about your hair! Bows and curls are the perfect way to make your outfit more preppy.

4. Wear pearls

“Pearls are always appropriate” –Jackie Kennedy

5. Bring a tumbler

Golfing takes patience and perseverance- make sure to come prepared and stay hydrated!

6. Put on your sunglasses

Who golfs without sunglasses? Added bonus: hides the embarrassing eyes that are bound to be posted on Facebook the next day!

7. Be preppy- even if you’re not

Even if prep isn’t your thing, treat it like dress up. PC goes all out for golf party, so join the trend- even if it’s just for the day!

8. Accessorize Plain Outfits

If you haven’t picked out your outfit yet, choose something simple and pastel if you aren’t sure what to wear. Add accessories to prep it up!

9. Bring an Understated Bag

There is nothing worse than waking up after golfing and realizing you lost your PC ID, phone, and credit card. We’ve all been there after a night out—don’t let this happen on the best day of the year!

10. Own your outfit!

There might be people in the same Lilly pattern as you. Don’t let this ruin your day—own what you’re wearing!

Kristin is a Providence College sophomore who is studying Elementary/Special Education. She lives in Swampscott, MA, but considers PC to be her home away from home. She loves kickboxing, sarcasm, Ellen Degeneres, and spring time! 
Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.