Singing Our Way Into Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Despite this winter-esque New England weather, the calendar indicates that we have embarked

upon a spring season. Although the weather does not indicate the spring season, here is a playlist

that should get you into the spring mindset, even if you’re still wearing your parka and gloves.

Sangria by Blake Shelton

This song immediately puts each person in their car driving with all of the windows

down, ready for a long day at the beach. The fun and upbeat words and music immediately

brings a winter slump into a summer upbeat mood.

I Know What you did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes

This song made the list not just because of the title, the fun tempo makes you want to

dance and sing along, the perfect song for throwing a dance party on the beach.

Fire Burning by Sean Kingston

This song, a major throwback, but filled with great memories. This was probably the

song we all danced to at awkward middle school dances thinking we were so cool. This is a great

song because everyone knows the words, and cant help but dance along

One Dance by Drake

This song was one of the top five because it dominated the radio stations for so long, but

nonetheless it’s a fun song that everyone knows the words to and can sing along to. Drakes never

fails to set the mood!

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

Although this song may seem to be completely unrelated, this song immediately brings

me to the seats at Fenway Park, eating a hot dog on a hot night in July singing along with the

whole stadium. With spring comes baseball, and with baseball comes Sweet Caroline.

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.