Reuniting with Friends over Thanksgiving Break as Told by Stranger Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

The day has come! You can finally head home for Thanksgiving after a long time of waiting and dreaming about turkey, stuffing, friends and family.

After arriving home, you waste no time and text your friend: “Are you home yet?” After not seeing this person for months, you are so excited to squeeze them again.

Finally reunited, you have to hit all the old spots around town. It feels like you never left. Your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner places are all in the plans. Just consider it a pregame to the big turkey meal.

You just so happen to see every single person from high school that you planned on never seeing again after graduation. The awkwardness is painful so you quickly leave. 

You will make sure to tell each other all the funny and embarrassing stories from the past couple of months. This will involve a lot of eye rolls and saying “I told you so” a couple of times.

When your parents try to get you to do other things, you both get very defensive.

Eventually, you finally get the whole high school squad back together and you realize how different everyone’s lives are now. It doesn’t matter though, because you all love and missed each other.

When it finally comes time to go back to school, you can’t help but get a little teary eyed because you don’t want to leave. How will you survive another 3 weeks without each other?