People Who Make Life Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Sometimes you will find yourself with multiple projects, tests and homework all due in the same week. Balancing this with your social life, your on campus job, and your extracurriculars is extremely hard. But I’ve found that there are many groups on campus that make this a lot easier.

Last week I had two midterms, two papers, multiple homework assignments due, reading and a paper. I was extremely unlucky. However, I took a breather and figured out who to go to for help.

1. Career Services: This week I also was contacted by a company for a potential phone interview for a summer internship. Adding this to my hectic schedule, and I was stressed. I’ve never had a phone interview before. However, I emailed career services (who knows me personally now) and set up a meeting with me where they said they would go over everything. And now that’s one less thing I have to worry about.
  2. The Writing Center: Although I love to write, I stink at grammar. So being in the Honors Program, which is centered around writing, and having two papers … it’s hard. However, after writing my papers I sent them to the Write Site. This site is accessible on Angel. You can send your paper by email and get it with comments and concerns two days later. Not only does it allow your paper to get proof read by a different person, but usually it’s boosted my papers a letter grade. And that’s another thing I don’t have to worry about.
  3. Tutors: Let’s face it. We can’t all be good at everything. And for me, that subject is Accounting and Finance. For some reason I am unable to grasp these concepts. However, PC offers a wide range of tutors to talk to you about the subject (even if it’s just one simple question). No need to stress about not understanding a certain subject … PC helps!
  4. Flexible Staff:The professors and staff here are amazing. Hands down. Whether I’m stressing at work about my exam and my boss let’s me use his office to study, or I’m discussing my worries about my class grade and my professors give me extra credit … the staff here works to help YOU. So keep an open communication between you and the people you work with! It’ll benefit you in the long run.

Try using these tips when you have hectic weeks! I promise it’ll make your life ten times easier.

And now I have to go finish writing a paper and study for a quiz. Wish me luck :)

-Alexia Polachek

Alexia Polachek is a Junior at Providence College and loves it. Majoring in Marketing, and minoring in Economics, she hopes to pursue Entertainment communication. In her spare time she blogs for PC Admissions and works on campus. However, on a perfect day, you can find her at the beach with a book in hand.If you need to get in contact with her, you can email her at alexiapolachek@hercampus.com.