Meg Gegler, Style Guru

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Name: Meg Gegler

Class Year: 2016

Major: Marketing

1. How did you get into style blogging?

I have always been a follower of fashion blogs, but never considered doing it myself until my second year of college. When I was a rising sophomore, I was in midst of my first internship in fashion when I stumbled across CollegeFashionista.com: an international fashion blog for college students. I saw that they were hiring “StyleGuru” interns for the upcoming fall and I decided to apply. When I was accepted, it was then that I discovered my passion for photography and writing in addition to fashion. I am proud to say that I am in my fifth semester with the site!

2. What does it mean to be a style guru?

The meaning of a style guru is ambiguous. For CollegeFashionista specifically, my duties as a StyleGuru entail submitting weekly write-ups, ranging from fashion happenings around town to fashionable students, new trends and so on. Along with weekly submissions, myself and other CollegeFashionista representatives from all colleges participate in “Fashion Talks” with named figures in the fashion industry. You can check out my column here: http://www.collegefashionista.com/author/meggegler/

3. What activities are you involved in around campus?

On campus, I am on the executive board for the PC Lifestyle & Fashion Club. I am also on the marketing committee for the Board of Multicultural Student Affairs. Currently, I am a stylist at Providence’s Madewell location, so I would consider myself to be a busy person when it comes to balancing school and extracurricular activities.

4. One piece of fashion advice?

Shop in the men’s department occasionally. (I’m guilty of doing this in stores like AllSaints Spitalfield and J.Crew).

Erin McAward

Providence

Pinterest enthusiast, really into brightly colored shorts, living off of grilled cheese.