Just Dropped: Season Two Euphoria Trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

For those who have patiently been waiting for the Euphoria season two trailer to drop, it’s finally here.  This season appears as though it will be even more drama and action-filled than the first one. For those who have not watched the show, according to IMDB, it is “a look at life for a group of high school students as they grapple with issues of drugs, sex, and violence.”  The show follows the lives of six characters, including Rue, Jules, Nate, Maddy, Cassie, and Kat. They each experience individual issues, however, their lives do intertwine with one another. The main character of the show is Rue Bennett, who, according to Elle magazine, “suffers with drug addiction and her mental health, in the series.” The first episode of the first season aired on ” June. 16, 2019, with the last one being on Aug. 4, 2019.” The show had a special episode that was released on Jan. 22 that depicts Jules in a therapy session. This episode offered fans somewhat of an answer as to why she ran off in the last episode of season one, however, it left them wondering about the other characters as well. The prayers from fans for a second season have finally been answered. According to Elle magazine, the trailer “looks as though Bennett is about to encounter more upsetting moments and violent altercations.” It will also depict “police raids [which] are juxtaposed with partying and it appears trauma, once again, is at the core of the show.” This is what makes the show so relatable for fans, as, for many, they have experienced similar issues in their lives, which has resulted in trauma. 

The show will incorporate a few of the characters from last season, as well as some new ones. According to Elle magazine, “alongside Zendaya, last season’s characters including Bennett’s best friend Lexi Howard (Maude Apatow), confident self-charged Maddy Perez (Alexa Demie) and Jules Vaughn (Hunter Schafer), will star.” These new characters will become fan favorites quickly as they are ones that are already very well known in the entertainment industry.  new characters will also be ones for fans to become excited about. These cast members will include, “Friday Night Lights star Minka Kelly, who will portray a drug-addicted housewife, along with Indie singer Dominic Fike and rapper Lil Meech.” The star of the show, Zendaya, who plays Bennett, commented on the new season in a Teen Vogue article. She found that her character “represents a lot for so many people.” The characters in this season will grapple with overcoming some very difficult issues, as they did in the previous one. Zendaya commented on this in her interview by saying, “it’s gonna be hard and it’s gonna be devastating sometimes.” This is what fans loved about the first season, which was that every individual was able to see themselves, to some degree, in at least one of the characters. For fans, make sure to check out the new season on HBO Max on Jan. 9, 2022. 

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a38345213/euphoria-season-2/

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/zendaya-lola-bunny-space-jam-euphoria-season-2-interview

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772296/

Nicole Idelson

Providence '22

Nicole Idelson is a Social Work major at Providence College. On campus, she is also a part of The Mental Health Awareness Board and Best Buddies. She has been involved in HerCampus since her freshman year at Providence College, and absolutely loves the club. Nicole also enjoys traveling, hanging out with friends, and eating avocado toast.