sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Be Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

#Ladies, just because you’re single does not mean that Valentine’s Day has to be the worst! If can be happy every other day without a boyfriend, why does Valentine’s Day have to be any different? St. Valentine did not die for you to sit around moping on your couch. You can actually have an above average day even if you’re single on Valentine’s Day. If you don’t believe me, then you haven’t been doing the single lady thing right. Here are a few ideas on how you can make Valentine’s Day one of your best.

Have a Galentine’s Day

I’m sure you can find a few other single ladies around campus who are also not going on a date. Invite them over and have a night together! Grab some Ben & Jerry’s at Alumni Hall, pick a good cheesy movie and cozy up together. Or if you’re feeling up to it, you can take a page out of Jessica Biel’s book in the movie Valentine’s Day, and have an Anti-Valentine’s Day party and go wild.

Go to the Basketball Game

This Valentine’s Day the Friars tip-off against their biggest rivals in the Big East, Villanova. Grab your bestie, make your way to the buses, and get absolutely Friar’d up!  I know a few couples that are postponing their V-Day dates for this game. The game allows as a perfect opportunity to go out and do something with your friends that doesn’t involve wallowing in your sorrow. What is there to be sorrowful about in Friartown on game day?

Movie Marathon of Your Celebrity Crush

Have a date night with Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum. Watch the movies of your celebrity crush that made you fall in love with him in the first place. Whoever floats your boat, turn them on. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your night with your favorite man ;)

Treat Yourself

Since everyone tends to buy their significant other something on this holiday, a lot of stores tend to have really good sales. Take advantage of this! Go online or to the mall and buy an outfit that you’re going to feel confident in. You slay, you don’t need a man to buy you clothes. You probably have better taste anyway if we are being honest.

Pamper Yourself

Similar to treating yourself, but more self-care oriented. Go to Sephora or even CVS and buy yourself a face mask and a cute shade of nail polish. When you get home, get into your comfiest sweats or bathrobe, light a candle (if you don’t live on campus) and relax. Paint your nails, moisturize your skin, and give yourself a facial. Forget about the stress of boys, homework, and enjoy a nice night to yourself. You deserve this!

Do All Your Favorite Things

The typical college Valentine’s Day presents are exchanging one another’s favorite things. You know your favorite things, you can do them for yourself! Go grab your favorite coffee from La Salle and candy from CVS. For dinner, invite a friend to go out to your favorite restaurant. If you’re worried about getting a table, you can order your favorite take out. I don’t know your life, but whatever else you like to do go and do it! Have yourself a day, being single can be fun if you do it right!

Photo Source

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.