This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Although fall hasn’t officially begun yet, fall fashion has! Personally, this is my favorite season as we still have the ability to wear a cute outfit without hiding it under a big, puffy coat. It’s also great because almost every piece of clothing is versatile so there is no need to break bank on a whole new wardrobe every year. 

1. Jean Jacket 

A jean jacket is probably the most versatile piece in every girl’s (and guy’s) closet. It can easily be paired with a pair of any type of bottoms whether its a skirt, colored pants, and even jeans (yes, jean on jean works), If you’re into dressing up for class but still want to be comfortable, pair a simple tee with joggers and add a jean jacket. That being said, if your outfit ever looks a little plain, add the jacket. 

CLICK FOR SOME JEAN JACKETS: cheapmoderate, high-end

photo source

2. Black Utility Boot

Whether they’re Doc Martins, or anything that resembles Doc Martins, this shoe has really blown up my instagram feed. Although I love any plain black ankle boot, I believe this shoe adds more of a bold and edgy look to any outfit. Luckily, this shoe can be worn year round so they are well worth the investment.

CLICK FOR SOME UTILITY BOOTS: cheap, moderate, high

photo source

3. Turtleneck Sweaters

Turtlenecks are great go-to pieces to put under any cute jacket. This can be styled with a pair of mom jeans, suede skirt, and even a jean skirt. I have been loving oversized turtleneck sweaters lately because they’re not only really stylish, but EXTREMELY comfy, as well. 

CLICK FOR SOME TURTLENECK SWEATERS: cheap, moderate, high

photo source

4. “Fun” Pants (I don’t really know what else to call this)

Whether they’re plaid, gingham, leather, or corduroy, these pants can add a pop to any outfit. I personally love plaid pants with a cute sweater and ankle boots in the spirit of fall. 

CLICK FOR SOME “FUN” PANTS: cheap, moderate, high

photo source

5. Moto Jacket

Moto jackets are honestly the epitome of fall fashion. They can be worn over almost any tee and even a fall dress. Sadly, however, their season is very short lived in New England so enjoy wearing them while you can! Lately, I’ve been putting my leather moto jacket over pretty much everything.

CLICK FOR SOME MOTO JACKETS: cheapmoderate, high

photo source

Aria Wolkowicz

Providence '22

Hi! I’m Aria and I’m a freshman at Providence college! I’m currently studying marketing and I hope to pursue a career in the fashion industry. Some of my hobbies include going to the beach, hanging with friends, trying new restaurants, and petting every dog I see.