Campus Cutie: Lucas Urrego

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Name: Lucas Urrego
Hometown: Medellin, Columbia
Graduation Year: 2014
Major: Marketing, Studio Art Minor

What do you like to do for fun?
Hanging out, partying, Capoeira.

What’s Capoeira?
It’s a Brazilian martial art; I’ve been doing it for 5 years. It consists of a lot of acrobatics and kicks and stuff. It keeps you fit, and it has a lot of history behind it. It was started by the slaves who were brought over by the Portuguese.

So far, what has been your favorite class?
Sociology. I’ve always liked it. It’s interesting to study different groups of people and why a group of individuals do certain things.

Any hobbies?
I do graphic design. I designed something for an art competition recently with the theme of “Spirit of PC” and I actually won. I won $200 and it’ll be displayed in Slavin.

What will you do with the money?
Probably buy clothes for the summer,

Any interesting plans for the summer?
I might get an internship doing marketing for an agency. I’m gonna train a lot for capoeira too and hopefully get my next rank.

What’s your current rank?
It’s basically the equivalent of a black belt.

What languages do you speak?
I speak English, obviously, Spanish, and some Portuguese. I was born in Columbia so Spanish is my first language and I learned English when I was nine. And then I learned Portuguese mainly through capoeira.

What do you look for in a girl?
Someone who’s themselves and doesn’t let other people influence who they are. Basically, a girl who’s authentic.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?
Doing something different, definitely not a conventional date. But overall, just being comfortable and able to laugh with them.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
My superpower would be mind reading. It would be interesting to get into peoples’ thoughts without them knowing.

Whose mind would you read?
At the moment, probably my professors, so I would know how to respond on exams.

Any plans to study abroad?
Yeah, I want to go to Paris eventually, but I don’t know much French. I’ve always wanted to go to experience, the people, the culture, the food.

Any interesting quirks?
I’ve gotten into lucid dreaming. You’re basically in a dream and you realize you’re asleep, and you can control everything you dream. It’s intense, you’re basically controlling your subconscious. 

Alexia Polachek is a Junior at Providence College and loves it. Majoring in Marketing, and minoring in Economics, she hopes to pursue Entertainment communication. In her spare time she blogs for PC Admissions and works on campus. However, on a perfect day, you can find her at the beach with a book in hand.If you need to get in contact with her, you can email her at alexiapolachek@hercampus.com.