This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

It’s that time of year again… A time where you and your girlfriends have the opportunity to actually dress up at PC because let’s get real- we don’t have formals or dances very often like some schools.  This is a time where you can pull out those three-inch heels you’ve been saving or that extravagant black jumpsuit that would look totally out of place if you put it on for any other night out. It’s officially time for the third annual Black and White Ball and I’m here to give you your official style guide while ballin’ on a budget.

1. I really like this romper from Lulu’s because it’s more on the casual side but you can definitely dress it up with fun earrings and heels.  It also has both black and white so it’s perfect for the occasion. 

2. This dress from Nasty Gal is your classic body- con dress but with a small slit on the leg to add a little extra something. Because it’s on the plain side you can wear more jewelry such as layered necklaces and hoop earrings

3. Because it’s the winter, I usually like to stay away from wearing white but I really like this dress from Tobi. The lace and slit adds a really nice touch especially if you wear a nude strappy heel and gold jewelry.

4) This dress from mixology is one of my favorites because it’s different than most dresses. It’s your classic body-con but with a slit and clasps that make it more fun.

5) When shopping for dresses I like to think of whether or not I’ll ever wear it again. I like this option from mixology because, again, it had both black and white and it also is a cute halter which is perfect for the summer.

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.