7 Most “Instagrammable” Places on Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

The Ruane Arch: Whether it is fall, winter, or spring looking out of from under the Ruane arch is the place to be. The contrast of darkness from inside the arch and sunlight outside the arch is perfect for a dramatic wow factor. Along with the arch itself making a great shaped border.

Harkins: Harkins being the oldest building on campus makes it just the right spot to take a picture that encompasses everything historically charming about Providence College. If you’re excited to be back, or sad to say goodbye this is also a great place to snag a picture with yourself included in it!

Outside the Slavin Atrium: We all know by now that the sunset here at PC never ever disappoints, and while no picture could ever capture its true beauty in its entirety this spot is going to get you as close as possible. Add in the reflection of light off the Slavin windows, the distant soccer field, and that adorable antique clock tower and you’re bound to be the talk of people’s news feed. 

Walkway Behind McDermott: Like the Ruane arch this place is beautiful no matter the season. Whether the trees along the path are green with leaves or bright pink with flowers it’s a sight to be remembered. 

Top of McVinney: If you don’t know what building McVinney is all you have to do to find it is look up. This is the tallest building on campus and while the ten flights of stairs to get to the very top might be a hike, the view is spectacular day or night. 

Aquinas Quad: If you’re not willing to make the hike up to the top of McVinney, but still want a gorgeous view the Aquinas quad is what you’re looking for. Only four stories up you can see the entire quad in all its glory. When snapping a picture of this place I personally like to do it in the fall when the leaves are changing colors, or when students out playing catch or laying the grass (because that’s #socollege).

The Top of Father Shanley’s House: While I have only ever seen one photo from this location it is one of most breathtaking pictures of PC I have ever seen. I am not sure how exactly this person got there but between the sunset and the chapel I think this spot really incorporates the magnificent essence here at Providence College. A little more realistically you could most likely get a very similar shot from the top of DiTrag or even Mal Brown.

A special shout out to these instagram users for the beautiful pictures, follow them and you wont be disappointed! @katieseaverr, @phillipsalyssa @danielleac, @provcollege, @alawrence27, @liz_sammarro95, @sammymcs, @maxkm_92, @oliviapaganelli, @lizlongo

Happy gramming PC, and may the likes be ever in your favor!

Alyssa Phillips is a sophomore here at Providence College. She is here to study English, but in her free time she enjoys jumping in puddles, reading, doing other people's hair, and singing obxniously loud with her friends. She is orignally from Connecticut, but loves being able to call PC her second home and is happy to be a part of the her campus family!
Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.