The 5 Guys We Would Rather Have for Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

1. Kenny

Oh Kenny, I was rooting for you in Rachel’s season. Kenny is one of the most eligible Bachelors, gives Dad Bod to a new meaning. What would have made him so great as Bachelor would have been his hilarious commentary and the level of wholesomeness that having a father on the show would have brought. He is a father looking to create a family for his daughter. If that isn’t a good enough backstory then I don’t know what is. 

2. Chase

Do I even really need to explain myself on why I think Chase would have made a better Bachelor? Fans adored him on Jojo’s season, he is an attractive and genuine man. So what, Chase was not really able to keep it together when Jojo sent him home. But really, who would? She kept pretty boy Robby over him (GROSS). Chase just wants to do better at love than his parents and that’s understandable. Also have you seen his instagram lately? He is H-O-T, HOT. With his new fitness program starting up, he could have really used the publicity. But it’s okay Chase, I’m here for you.

3. Ben Z

Any man who loves his dog that much is someone I trust with the responsibility of being the Bachelor. I don’t know what possessed Raven to pass up on Ben Z. He just missed his pup Zeus, it was totally normal. Ben may have been irrelevant before Paradise, but in the time that he has come back he has stolen the heart of every dog loving girl in Bachelor Nation. 

4. JJ Lane

JJ Lane, like Kenny, is also a father to a little girl at home. JJ would take the role of Bachelor seriously but not too seriously. What I mean by that is, JJ knows how to let loose. Like any true hockey player, JJ is a goofball. Anyone who watches his Instagram stories would know that he is a catch. He deserves a shot at love, he has a family at stake! Like JJ in this Gif, I think I need a minute to get over this…

5. Wells

While many Bachelor Nation fans would like to see Wells and Danielle M. together, I’m pretty sure they’re only friends. A requirement of being the Bachelor We know that Wells would have been able to be kind and sensitive to many girls in Bachelor Nation. He listened to Kristina’s Dean problems like an A-1 bar tender would. Similar to Ben Z., Wells also has a dog at home who he adores. Wells is charismatic, attractive, and entertaining. He had a real shot at being the greatest Bachelor of all time.

If we are being honest, I’m probably going to watch this season of The Bachelor regardless. Arie has got a lot on his plate, there were a lot of other guys who were honestly more suited for the role than he is . However, I wish him well on his journey to find love because I don’t want to be bored this winter every Monday night.  

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.