pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 16 Things PC ’17 Should Add to their Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Go to the career fair: Go to the Career Fair, talk to employers and actually hand out your resume. You have absolutely nothing to lose!

Learn to cook your favorite meals: Get together with your roommates and have a family dinner a couple times a month, that way you each get a chance to cook your fave meals for everyone.

Join an intermural team: Intermural sports can be a blast! There are so many sports to choose from, start a team with your friends and classmates and just have fun. Even if you lose you can at least get to say you had fun playing like a kid in gym class again.

Go on a road trip: Plan a road trip with your friends after graduation. You’ll have the chance to make amazing memories and have the perfect excuse to be reunited again!

Use the gym: Gym memberships are not cheap. We have access to a beautiful gym with top of the line equipment and great free classes, take advantage of it while you can.

Make use of your student discount: Plenty of stores offer great student discounts, take advantage of them while you can, we all could use some of that extra money we save anyway.

Senior obligations: Go to every senior night, dance, event and festivities happening on campus. Besides the cheap drinks and free food, this is an opportunity to spend time with all of your classmates, meet people who are graduating with you who you never even met before, and bond with your class.

Make new friends: This brings us to meeting new people, sure by now you’ve probably met your best friends and are living with them, but every time you go to an all senior event you know you see people who you didn’t realize were seniors too. Be outgoing, meet new people and make new friends.

Go to at least one game for each sport!: This is our last chance to see our Friars with student priced tickets, take full advantage! Cheer on our athletes and classmates while we’re still around to sit in the student section and be as loud and obnoxiously proud as we want!

Try new places: By now we all have our favorite go to brunch and dinner restaurants, but Providence is full of options, explore the city and try something new.

Go to WaterFire: It’s free and it’s a great event to go to for a date night with your roomies or your SO. 

Get to know a professor: They are great resources for advice and networking, they are less intimidating when you actually talk to them outside of class, and they are a part of the friar family routing for your success.

Convince a professor to hold class outside on a nice day: Try to make use of every outdoor classroom on this campus, an outdoor class can bring a little more excitement to an otherwise boring lecture.

Study on Slavin lawn: Slavin lawn, Smith quad, and Aquinas quad are beautiful places to relax and get some work done outside of a stuffy library. Get some fresh air and enjoy the basic College vibes while you we’re still here.

Get to know some Dominican Friars: The Dominican Friars live on campus, they’re always here. They are great to talk to in times of need, or to just enjoy some dinner with at Campus Ministry (Underclassmen get to know them and where they live at their cookout in the beginning of the year).

Enjoy every moment: It’s time to accept that we won’t be here forever. While PC will always be a part of our lives that we cherish, our four years are almost up and we have to make the most it.