Totally Crushing on Weekend Bags

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Perhaps I should have spent more time studying during finals period, but I couldn’t help but search the web for chic weekend bags. I don’t own a weekend bag but I’ve always thought it’d be perfect for a quick trip to New York City, Philadephia, or anywhere else you plan to go for a short period of time. Anyone who knows me knows that I can’t stand accessories that lack color, and so I have found four great weekend bags that feature bold coloration and undeniable style.

The Bowery B-Sides Weekend Duffle is find from one of my recent loves, Deux Lux, and is perfect for you even if you aren’t the biggest fan of pink (or as described, cherry). The bag comes in black, white, light pink, lemon, and ecru. Noteworthy aspects include Deux Lux’s custom leather material and the detachable messenger strap.

Is that an oranger messenger bag that allows you to rep Princeton but in an unabnoxious manner? Yes, yest it is. The Lola Overnight Bag is one of my favorites from the Boulevard collection. Plus, you can monogram the bag as you see fit! #score

Green is always good and the Weekender bag from Clare Vivier is no exception. The bag comes in black and yellow as well. Can you tell that it is French inspired? Yes, no? Let me know in the comments below.

Last but not least is the Felix Weekender Duffle from Deux Lux which is pretty much a rendention of Deux Lux’s favorite duffle dipped in sequins–a must have for 2013. Of course if you don’t take my word on how fabulous this bag is, Oprah agrees. #justsaying

Which one of these are your favorites or are there other duffles that pull at your heart strings? Share in the comments box below!

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.