Tick Tock, Tick Tock, 2013 Countdown: Outfit Ideas for New Year’s Eve

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Happy almost-new year Collegiettes! Hope y’ll had a relaxing and food-filled Christmas. But wait for it – there’s still the New Year’s Eve party to look forward to! Did you forget to pick out a NYE ensemble while busy gift-shopping for family and friends in the holiday season? Worry not! Today HCPrinceton will share with you 3 of our favorite NYE outfit ideas for you to rock the party!

A Classy Skater Dress

When in doubt, opt for a simple, solid colored dress! You can never go wrong with this crowd-pleasing skater dress from ASOS. Red is such a festive color and is perfectly appropriate for NYE. The fitted waist and flared skirt are incredibly figure-flattering, and the demi-sleeve adds in a flavor of casual chic. Pair this dress with a small brightly-colored cross-body bag for even more hue and an animal necklace to boost cuteness. Wear curved-heel ankle boots and black sweater tights for extra warmth. 

Little Black Dress…With a Twist!

Tired of disappearing into a sea of LBDs, yet don’t want to feel out of place at a formal event? We’ve got you covered. Take your cue from this Victoria’s Secret model and pair your favorite black top with a black sequin pencil skirt. This two-piece ensemble looks exactly like a LBD, yet it’s so much more imaginative. It’s a great investment because both pieces are so versatile – the one-shoulder top is incredibly sexy when paired with shorts and skinny jeans, and the pencil skirt goes perfectly with blouses to create a sophisticated night-out-after-work look. Top this outfit with a statement bangle and you are ready to go and prepared to impress!

Rock a Jumpsuit Instead

Who says college fashionistas can only wear dresses to NYE parties? Show your chic and sharp self by rocking a jumpsuit instead (preferably in a classy color like black, nude or gray)! Our favorite ones are a wide-legged jumpsuit from Go Jane with a breath-taking lacy top and a golden belt, and a skinny one from Bebe that features a sleeveless V-neck lacy top. Choose either style you prefer! Both are timeless pieces that will make you stand out in a good way. But remember to top the outfit with bling-bling accessories such as metallic-colored bangles, earrings and stilettos for a pop of shine, and put on red lipstick to amp up the edginess factor!

Collegiettes, time to think about your NYE ensemble if you haven’t done so already! Comment below to share with us your favorite outfit ideas!

Header picture credit here