Staff Favorites: The Catherine Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

In my closet:
Sundresses from Forever 21 & Express
With the increasingly beautiful weather, I’ve been going on a sundress spree. My two go-to stores for affordable, cute dresses are Forever 21 and Express. They’re perfect for an afternoon of lying on the grass or dancing at Lawnparties!

In my refrigerator:
Chocolate covered frozen bananas
This is the answer to a healthy, refreshing, and cheap dessert. Simply take a dining hall banana, cut it in half, spear them with chopsticks from Late Meal. Freeze for 2 hours, dip in melted chocolate, and enjoy!

On my iPod:
“Stay the Night,” James Blunt
It’s 72 degrees, zero chance of rain, it’s been a perfect day… What better beginning to a feel-good song that’s great for listening to on a sunny day in the courtyard or a nice run on the towpath?

On my bookshelf:
“The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime,” Mark Haddon
I picked up this book after hearing it mentioned in my Neuroscience lecture. “Curious Incident” tells the story of a 15-year-old autistic boy in a funny, captivating way that will keep you turning its pages.

On campus:
Wilson ceramics studio (open Sunday 2-6pm, Monday 6:30-10:30pm, Thursday 6:30-10:30pm)
Whenever I’m in need of a creative outlet and a study break, I head over to the ceramics studio in the basement of 1938 Hall. With huge blocks of clay, a selection of glaze colors, pottery wheels, and good friends, I can let my imagination run wild.

Catherine Ku is a soon-to-be sophomore at Princeton University and lover of running, books, and food, in no particular order. 
Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.