Spring is officially here. Okay, so the weather hasn’t quite caught up just yet but soon enough it is going to be incredibly warm in Princeton and we’re all going to dress accordingly. If you’re anything like me, the onset of Spring is accompanied by a strong desire to buy a completely new wardrobe. Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve compiled a list of the HCP approved venues (that aren’t mainstream: move over Forever21) for all spring shopping. Let me know in the comment box below if you have additional finds in the comment box below.
Sundresses are a campus staple especially around Lawnparties but it’s hard to find dresses that everyone else doesn’t already have. Where can you find cute, chic, cheap dresses? As a Louisiana native, I’m proud to say that for all things sundress you should look to the south. Southern boutiques tend to have the best sundresses with the most vibrant designs and styles. Below are my favorite stops for sundress shopping.
- COMPENDIUM BOUTIQUE: We are a huge fan of Compendium’s style. (You may remember Compendium from HCP’s last photoshoot). Compendium has a lock on the modest yet chic sundress.
- DELAN BOUTIQUE: Are you looking for your sundress that has a bit of edge? Delan Boutique is the place to go. My personal favorite is the Flare Mesh Insert Dress which has bold coloration and incomparable style.
- DIVA NY: Diva NY carries approximately 200 dress styles that are appropriate for the Spring or the upcoming events that we’re all looking forward to attending (can Houseparties come any sooner?) in May. If you need gear for formals, Sunday brunch, or just want something cute to wear in Prospect Garden!
- E’S CLOSET BOUTIQUE: Talk about Southern style! E’s Closet Boutique is very reminiscent of the sundresses that adorn many a boulevard in my hometown: Monroe, Louisiana. This boutique has a range of dresses with daring cuts (can you imagine a heart as the back of your dress?) as well as vivid colors. Let me know which one is your favorite in the comment box below!
- SOIE SHOP: Although Soie Shop is our go to for chiffon shirts, we always know we’re getting a great product when we pursue a Soie dress! The dresses are affordable and adorable. Don’t you agree?
- SOCIAL BUTTERFLY HOUSE: If you are looking for a dress that is chic, classy, and perfect for Lawnparties, Social Butterfly House should be your first stop for clothing that is a pleasant clash of West Coast style and Southern frocks.
Of course sundresses are not the only staple of springtime garb. Stacked bracelets have become increasingly popular and are quite appropriate for the spring. A good set of arm candy can bring life to even the simplest outfit. We have a couple of go-tos for bracelets.
- busywrist: You guys should be pretty familiar with my love affair with busywrist; the brand provides a series of leather bracelets, wraps, stacks, and bangles. There is so much variety, it’s honestly too much to handle! If you’re looking for a simple piece that will make your outfit pop, busywrist is your place to go!
- Ruche: Nothing looks better than a series of bracelets with a nice watch. Ruche has a handle on the most affordable and chic watches that pair perfectly well with busywrist bracelets.
What are you excited to wear once the warmer weather comes around? Let me know in the comment box below!