This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

I have never been a fan of cold-weather shorts but leave it to Blair Waldorf, sporting a random, albeit sensational pair, to win me over. Though the plotline does seem to be running thin, Blair’s flair is definitely not.  Admittedly, a couple of her outfits in the “Damien Darko” episode did leave more to be desired, but the hot-pink trouser shorts she fit so well in just blew me away. Sometimes pink shorts can look silly, awful, even, but as you can see this pair is cute, elegant, and I daresay fabulous!

The arbiter of taste’s sweet comeback.

It seems to me, and to anyone else with common, fashion sense, that the way to pull off this look is simple. I’m sure you and I already have the ingredients neatly tucked away, or in my case, angrily stuffed in and casually cast aside, in our dressers and closets. Though we may not have the focus of the outfit, which I will resolve for you soon enough, surely we have some fun tights (perhaps from a wild night on the Street), a leather belt, a floral blouse, and a chic cardigan crying out to us from the depths of our memory or if you really don’t have these items—from the depths of our internet shopping carts (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)!

Photo Credits from: Forever 21, Madewell, Forever 21

And let there be no thought in your immensely brilliant mind that this is yet another fast fading fad. Princess, I don’t know if you’ve been outside today, but it is warm! The sun is out, and if it continues (fingers crossed) my rain boots and parka will never have to see the light of day again. What better way to transition to the soon-to-come bloom of pink buds than with lovely springtime shorts?

Without further ado, I present to you many hot, cold-weather shorts (for those of use who have yet to imbibe the conscience-boosting gold that is coffee, it’s a double entendre: the shorts are both hot and for hot weather)! For the less risqué Princesses amongst us you can recreate the look with equally brightly colored skirts (no worries, I got you). So distract yourself from that writing seminar draft. Invest in your fashion future. Or simply enjoy!

Photo Credits from: Lulu’s and H&M