Review: Recharge Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Recharge Dynamic Nutrition’s Sampler Pack

No. Simply no. This is the only product I have received in the mail that I opened, took a look at the product, and was instantly biased against it. Please read my explanation below to see why I am so fervently against these bars. 

Packaging: 3/10

I am being nice and giving the packaging a 3/10 instead of a 0/10 because the picture of the bar on the front actually does look somewhat appetizing. However, the bolded worlds “100 calories” and SPECIFICALLY  “Weight Control Bar” just completely threw me off. I will probably write an article about my thoughts on “weight control” and “weight loss” at some point but if you want to look and feel HEALTHY, don’t go for “weight control” brands that advertise products that “only 100 calories.” 

Health: 6/10

Take a look at the ingredient list. IT IS HUGE! It fills up the entire back wrapper of the bar with chemical-sounding ingredients and is possibly the antithesis of “natural.” I do have to admit though that for a bar that is only 100 calories, these pack a fairly decent amount of protein (8-12g) but there are SO many better ways to consume your protein that I do not believe this factor influences anything.

Flavor: 9/10

Despite my negative views on the health and packaging of these bars, I must grudgingly admit that their flavors are quite good. They were not too sweet or artificial-tasting, unlike a lot of other protein bars out there. 

Conclusion: 

DO NOT RECOMMEND. At $6 for only three tiny bars, this product is not worth it. $2 per bar is entirely too expensive for you to be wasting money on and you will just be throwing your money away. 

Disclaimer: Recharge Foods has created chocolate bars with 100 calories and 8 grams of protein. The bars are meant to give you the power to recharge. The products that Patricia describes were provided as a gift; all opinions are her own.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.