Princeton’s Stylish Girl of the Week: Remi Yamazaki

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Name:Remi Yamazaki
Sign:Taurus

Year:2014

Major:Comparative Literature (aspiring)

Dreams:Live in Vienna and go to all the operas and art shows I want!

Interests:Field hockey, running when the weather is nice, singing, French literature and film, procrastinating on FaceBook

Fashion Icon (s) and Why:I had a friend in high school who was really into fashion.  She wants to sign with an agency and she has inspired me. But I look to British fashion (I think it’s British…) on how I dress because there were a lot of Europeans at my high school.

Favorite Designer(s)/ Store(s) and Why:H&M and Zara, but really I like anything with floral or butterfly patterns! They tend to have those, and they also have small sizes and petite things.  Because I’m small, there are some outfits I just can’t pull off, and they have plenty of other options.

Favorite Fashion Accessory:Bracelets when it’s warm

Biggest Fashion Mistake You’ve Made or a lot of Women Make: I’ve seen women overdo their outfits and make-up.  They are a lot of items that look good but when they are put together, it doesn’t quite look right.  Subtlety is better than throwing everything together.

Fashion Tip To Other Girls:What you wear is a way of expressing your personality.  So, be creative and experiment with different things.  Don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.