Patricia: Halfpops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Halfpops Natural Butter & Pure Ocean Sea Salt. 

Half-popped popcorn? What? What an interesting concept. Is it worth it to buy 16 bags for $24? I would say so!

(Also, I would just like to say that the owner of Halfpops, Sohroosh Hashemi, wrote me a sweet and simple note that was included along with my package. Just the inclusion of a personalized note really upped my already-high opinion on these guys).

Packaging: 9.5/10

Whoever designed these snack packets is a genius. With a plain white background and a great closeup picture of the half-popped kernels, these snack packets are aptly designed to at least inspire curiosity in shoppers. The ingredient list is SUPER short and only includes popcorn, canola oil, butter, and sea salt. When this company says “all natural ingredients,” they really mean it. 

Health: 7.5/10

A cursory glance at the nutrition shows a calorie content of 130 and total fat content of 6g. However, please notice that the serving size per container is two, meaning that an entire bag of these Halfpops weighs in at a pretty hefty 260 calories with 12 grams of fat. Therefore, eat these in moderation — savor them but don’t go crazy.

Flavor: 9.5/10

These half-popped kernels are crunchy and perfectly covered with butter and salt. If you love super-buttery popcorn, I would highly recommend these snacks for you to munch on. 

Conclusion:

YES, RECOMMEND. Go for it! I loooove eating these, despite all butter, salt, and fat. At 260 calories per packet, these little guys will give you energy for a couple hours and leave you feeling like you just ate a healthier alternative to buttered/fluffy popcorn.

Disclaimer: Halfpops produces half-popped popcorn: all the flavor without most of the junk. Materials refered in the article were sent to Patricia as a gift, all opinions are her own.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.