Farrah: Quest Nutrition (Part I)

So I was really apprehensive about trying this product because I wasn't really sure what it was. Quest's Spinach Fettuccine Pasta is a zero-calorie pasta…yup, ZERO calories! Overall, I think the taste was good--it tasted like regular pasta to me. And because it has essentially no calories, it loans itself to being more forgiving in terms of using creamier sauces!

However, the texture is something to get used to because the pasta is not actual pasta. I am not sure how to describe it, but it feels lighter than pasta and has a slight vegetable-like texture to it. It was not un-appetizing, but it's just something to keep in mind when cooking with it! This was the first time trying out this pasta, but I would like to try to cook off the moisture a little bit more! Since it does not have a distinctive taste, you can definitely try out the pasta with more flavorful sauces.

Recipe
I usually go for the red pasta sauces, but since there are so many great cheese products in Brazil, I thought I would try out an Alfredo sauce to go with the Spinach Fettuccine Pasta from Quest! Here is a really creamy, yet lighter version of a great Alfredo sauce that I tried! I think the most important thing about recipes is investing in spices and not holding back when using them…they are great to cook with and to pack a punch of flavor without adding on calories! Hope you enjoy :)

Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 cup low-fat milk
Kosher salt
2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
grated parmesan cheese, to your taste and preferred level of creaminess
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute. Add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon,1 minute. Whisk in the milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook, whisking constantly, until just thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the cheeses; whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped parsley.

Disclaimer: Quest is known for their bars that pack on the protein but lack unhealthy amounts of sugar. Materials refered in the article were sent to Farrah as a gift, all opinions are her own