Farrah: One Step at a Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Since my first week, I thought I should try to fit in more more physical exercis…so now I ALWAYS take the stairs (keep in mind, I live on the third floor) and I carry as many groceries home as possible–nice arm workout!–instead of opting for a grocery delivery service.  This past weekend, I chose to stay active in the park rather than staying in and watching Netflix. 

In terms of eating, I have tried to avoid eating late at night past 8PM. I have a bad habit of overeating especially at night…so I am practicing some self control. I also try to start and end my day with green tea, which is a great way to relax and also boost your metabolism. I am taking baby steps and hoping it will all pay off!

I also found a great Groupon deal for CrossFit classes, so I decided I would blog about that when I am home in a month. I have tried CrossFit once and LOVED it–it’s super intense but workouts last under an hour…even though you feel like you’ve worked out for hours the next day. And since it’s high intensity, it is also fat-burning and muscle/endurance building, which are crucial for maintain a healthy lifestyle. Will keep you guys updated!

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.