Farrah: One Step at a Time

Since my first week, I thought I should try to fit in more more physical exercis…so now I ALWAYS take the stairs (keep in mind, I live on the third floor) and I carry as many groceries home as possible--nice arm workout!--instead of opting for a grocery delivery service.  This past weekend, I chose to stay active in the park rather than staying in and watching Netflix. 

In terms of eating, I have tried to avoid eating late at night past 8PM. I have a bad habit of overeating especially at night…so I am practicing some self control. I also try to start and end my day with green tea, which is a great way to relax and also boost your metabolism. I am taking baby steps and hoping it will all pay off!

I also found a great Groupon deal for CrossFit classes, so I decided I would blog about that when I am home in a month. I have tried CrossFit once and LOVED it--it's super intense but workouts last under an hour…even though you feel like you've worked out for hours the next day. And since it's high intensity, it is also fat-burning and muscle/endurance building, which are crucial for maintain a healthy lifestyle. Will keep you guys updated!