Etsy Shop Spotlight: RachelleD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Fashion Icons Credited To and Used With the Permission of Jessica

Introduction
We know what everyone says about Princeton fashion. They say that we all look like we stepped out of a J. Crew catalog; now that isn’t a problem, but the lack of diversity in our stylings is an issue. Where is the fashion experimentation? Where is our drive to dress to impress?–dead with the flowers held hostage under the snow. Believe it or not, spring is soon to come which means new clothes. I don’t think that we intentionally fall into the roles of J. Crew models, but what else do we know? Trendy has become the way of life in almost all stores. Modcloth, American Apparel, and Urban Outfitters are more similar than they ever were before. Unique pieces are hard to find. Enter Etsy. Etsy connects the sellers with the buyers in a unique way. Hand-made products, that are one-of-a-kind and often custom-made, are not only really unique but perfect for Princeton collegiettes. In the upcoming weeks we will highlighting our most recent favorite shops on Etsy!

Rachelle D owned by Rachelle (Harlingen, Texas)
There was nothing more exciting than stumbling upon RachelleD on Etsy. The jewelry of Rachelle’s current Spring collection for 2011 is not only vibrant, but gorgeous. Each piece is chic, blissful, airy, and perfect for the upcoming months of fun and sun. The Etsy Store, RachelleD, is very reminiscent of a romantic garden due to Rachelle’s incorporation of birds, flowers, and bright colors into her jewelry. Rachelle’s collection contains the perfect accesory for you to rock this upcoming season! More importantly, RachelleD is not only successful on Etsy, but products from the store will soon be sold in boutiques in Harlingen, Texas! Hopefully, sooner or later, we’ll be able to see RachelleD products in Princeton!

Her Campus Princeton: When did you open RachelleD?
Rachelle: I began full-time in Mid June 2008
Her Campus Princeton: What is it that made you open your Etsy Shop?
Rachelle: I fell in love with the creative process and having the opportunity to create for people who enjoy wearing my designs.
Her Campus Princeton: Etsy definitely allows for a a direct connection between the buyer and seller, allowing for the talented, such as you, to truly interact with the individuals that wear your designs. In describing RachelleD and your most recent collection to someone unfamiliar with your shop, you would say that your shop and the collection are: …
Rachelle: Blissful.
Her Campus Princeton: What is it about the current RachelleD collection that makes a necessity for every chic Princeton woman.
Rachelle: t’s cheery and adds a touch of romanticism to any sassy Princeton collegiette.

Our Favorite Rachelle D Items

Visit RachelleD here!
Check out Rachelle’s blog about her collection and plans.
Make sure to stay tuned for the giveaway! Remember that the “code word” is underlined.

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.