Why You Should Rate Your Professors at the End of Every Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

If you have ever used Rate My Professors, you know it’s a lifesaver.

When registration comes around at the end of every semester, most of us rely on Rate My Professors to investigate potential professor choices. The site is great to figure out if a professor assigns too much reading, gives insanely hard tests, or is an easy A. One of the biggest issues I find with Rate My Professors is that a lot of reviews are years old. There are some UP professors who have their most recent rating in 2009. Many professors change their courses and expectations as years go on, so with outdated reviews, the cite is no longer helpful for certain professors.

This is why I have made it a personal mission to rate my own professors at the end of every semester. I created an account (though every review is anonymous) and at the end of every semester I go through and rate all my professors. It takes less than 3 minutes per professor and is kind of fun. Your professors spent the entire semester judging you and giving you grades, so why not do the same for them.

You might find that one of your professors aren’t on the UP page on Rate My Professors and if that happens, you have two options:

1. You add them as a professor (which only takes an additional minute).
  2. If you know they are an adjunct, you can see if they have a profile on another school’s page.

Honestly, this process is painless and kind of fun. If you ask me, everyone should rate their professors at the end of every semester. The few minutes it takes you to rate your professors will help save one of your fellow students from taking that horrible professor you suffered through this semester. On the positive side, it can also help someone find an extremely underrated professor at UP. The process is painless and you can even sign in as a guest if you do not want to create a profile.

For me and your fellow students, please take a few minutes this Winter Break and rate your professors!

Click the link here for a fast track to the UP page.

Thank you in advance from your fellow UP students.

Chips and guac are the way to my heart.