Meet Sydne Jacoby!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Sydne Jacoby

Major: Business

Year: 2018

Hometown: Helena, MT

How are you adapting to UP?

No snow here yet…I like that! I like the city a lot more than I like the country. Most of my classes are easy and I like all of my professors for the most part. I like everyone on my floor and they’re who I hangout with.

You’re on the UP Rowing Team. What is that like?

This is the fourth year it has been here. It’s a lot harder than people think! There’s a lot of technique you have to learn before you can run. Getting up early in the morning is not as bad as it sounds and everyone on the team is really cool. We are pretty good, so people should come watch us!

What is your favorite memory on campus so far?

I’d say going to the boy’s soccer games have been the most fun. They are fun to watch and we do stuff with Villa before the games. They are actually really good this year!

What do you plan to do with your business major?

I want to be a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) for Nike. I want to do audits, taxes, balancing books, and employment records to figure out employees’ pay checks. My cousin and aunt are CPAs so I have grown up around it. I have already taken three years of accounting and it is something I love to do!

Where is your favorite place to go on campus?

Lounge on the third floor of Corrado is where I spend most of my time. That’s where everyone on our floor hangs out and that is also where we do our homework. We don’t usually get much homework done but that’s fine.