Name: Sarah Zalucha
Hometown: Olympia, WA
Studying: Environmental Science with a minor in Political Science
On-Campus Involvement: Kenna Hall Community Assistant, College Ecology Club, Campus Programming Board and Intramural Badminton
What is a Community Assistant?
It’s a person who sits at the front desk of each residence hall. They are the one that makes people feel welcome and comfortable walking into their home. They are also there to help residents and to give out packages.
What’s your favorite thing about being a Community Assistant?
The fact that I get paid to talk to people! I love talking and meeting new people.
What did you do this summer?
I worked at Eddie Bauer and got 60% off of everything. It was fantastic! I also went to Illinois for a wedding. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Illinois though. It was muggy and it just wasn’t my scene. I hung out with friends a lot too!
How many tattoos do you have?
I have one tattoo! It’s a tree on my ankle.
Why did you pick a tree?
I really liked the design and I’m a huge fan of nature.
Would you get another tattoo?
Yes! I don’t know where I would get it or what it would be of. I have a Pinterest board though of potential tattoos! There’s this one I found of a hydrangea where the stem turns into a word. It’s really cute and hydrangeas are also my mom’s favorite flower.
What’s one thing on your UP bucket list?
I’d love to have an internship or research position, hopefully one that would involve some traveling!
Quick Questions-Ready, Go!
- One word to describe yourself: Enthusiastic
- Dream Vacation: A couple weeks exploring Iceland!
- Cats or Dogs: Cats; I have three cats! Mocha (10 years old), Glenn (2 years old), and Maggie (2 years old)
- Pilot House or Commons for on-campus dining? Commons
- Favorite Food Station in Commons: The sandwich station!
- One thing you always have on you: Hair ties!
- Go-to Social Media: Snapchat, always.
- One thing you’re looking forward to: Intramural Badminton, I’m pretty pumped for it!