This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Sam Stucki 

Year: Junior

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Residence Hall: Villa Maria

Hometown: Mossy Rock, WA

Positon: Resident Assistant for Garden Level- A Wing

Why did you want to be an RA?

Growing up I didn’t have any big brothers and when I came to college both my Freshman and sophomore year RA’s were like big brothers to me. I wanted to be that big brother figure for the guys in villa.

Favorite Hall Tradition?

Classy Thursdays. Very few guys still participate but it’s still my favorite.

Favorite Number?   4

What did you want to be growing up?

An astronaut paleontologist!

What is your favorite Holiday?

4th of July because it has always been what it was to be- celebrating America’s Independence. We just blow stuff up in the sky and wear red, white, and blue.

Favorite Animal: Great Octopus

Do you have a phobia?

Thassalaphobia- it’s a fear of big bodies of water. Whenever I am swimming and see stumps under the water, I have to get out. Moths are also horrifying.

Why should people go to Man Auction?

It such a super fun event and you get to see guys make fools out of themselves. The guys have been practice for months. It a one of a kind of event here at UP. What makes it even better is that it is for a greater cause, a Holy Cross Charity.

Kelsie is from Klamath Falls, Oregon. She is a sophomore pursuing a Political Science and Spanish Double Major at the University of Portland. She has five brothers and two sisters. Her hobbies include hiking, watching movies, and telling bad jokes.