Meet Jordan von Scheimer ’15!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Jordan is pictured on the left!
Name: Jordan Schiemer

Year: Senior (but graduating in 2015)

Major: Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Management 

Hometown: Bend, OR

Activities/Clubs: I lived in Schoenfeldt for three years and during my sophomore year I was the Hall Intern. Go Padre! I also work in the Office of Admissions as a Campus Tour guide and Student Ambassador. 

Best UP Memory (so far): Every year just keeps getting better. Orientation weekend is always a blast because it’s an exciting time of year. The soccer season starts and it’s great to see everyone you’ve missed all summer. 

Commons or Cove: Cove. Bento wrap, no questions asked. 

One Thing on Your UP Bucket List: One thing on my UP bucket list is being able to contribute to UP in some special way after I’ve graduated. I’m not sure what that is but I want to stay involved. It is a place that has meant so much to me and I want future students to share that as well. Pilots ’til I die!

Most Embarrassing Thing at UP: So every year, the freshman class has that ONE kid who scooters everywhere on campus until he figures out scooters and rain don’t mix too well. Plus, being a bit sweaty because you scootered halfway across campus gets old really quickly. Well freshman year, I was THAT guy. 

Biggest Pet Peeve: Slow walkers and people who drag their feet when they walk. Slow eaters and smackers. And most importantly slow golfers.

Favorite TV Show: Right now, Duck Dynasty. I definitely have a little country in me. But some of my other favorites are Top Gear – UK, The Big Bang Theory, and Lie to Me just to name a few. 

Celeb Crush: Jennifer Aniston

Single or Taken: Single

Ideal Girl: My faith is very important to me so it’s got to be important to her too! She’s got to have class and be genuine. Those two are pretty big for me too. I like a girl who has ambition and will stand by your side through anything.  

Ideal Date: Any good date starts out with dinner. But what happens after that should be a surprise! Maybe a surprise movie, or ice cream, or Timbers Game, who knows! Spontaneity and showing a girl you appreciate her is some of the best stuff for a relationship, in my opinion. 

Deal Breaker: Definitely being fake or showing disrespect. That does not fly with me. 

Deal Maker: Loyalty, honesty, and authenticity.
Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.