Meet Jenna Warner!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Jenna Warner

Major: Marketing, Spanish minor

Year: Junior

What made you want to be an RA?

My freshman year, I really struggled with adapting to college life, and it was my RA and the people in Shipstad who really made me feel welcomed. I love Shipstad SO much and it’s an awesome community unlike any other. I wanted to give back to the community that I feel like has given me so much!

What is the biggest piece of advice you offer your freshmen residents?

Get involved! I think it’s super important to find some way to make your time here enjoyable other than classes! I have had SO much fun through the various clubs and sports I’ve been a part of, and from those things have come some of the closest friends I have here!

There is a lot of “Ship pride” on campus. What does that mean to you?

Our pride comes from our feeling that we are all one big happy family and that’s a pretty cool thing to be a part of. There’s never a dull (or quiet) moment here in Ship, which I love! SHIP WHAT?!

Tell us about your study abroad experience in Europe. What was it like? What did you learn from it? 

This summer I had the opportunity to study abroad in London for 6 weeks! I miss it everyday! I made so many great memories with some awesome people that I will truly remember forever. Our professor pretty much took us on every adventure possible, which was exhausting but at the time I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! I learned that life is 100% about the choices YOU want to make. I really tried to make the most of every day there, and I learned that if you look for adventure, usually it’s right at your fingertips- all you have to do is want it!

What was your favorite place to visit in Europe?

Venice!! It is such a beautiful place. It’s the most confusing city ever as far as making your way from point A to point B, but that’s the best part!

As a business student, what are your main goals? What is your dream job?

As cliché as it sounds, I really just want to help people…help them further their goals and get to a place where they are happy and confident in themselves. My dream job is a personal trainer, but science is not my strong suit, so we will see how that one goes!

What are your plans after graduation?

Walk out of Chiles with a smile on my face. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten!

What is your favorite UP memory so far?

One of my favorites was our staff day away during RA training this summer and also, Dance of the Decades last year!

Hi guys! My name is Brooke Murphy and I'm an Operations & Technolohgy Management major at the University of Portland. I love fashion, being active and meeting lots of new people. I've been writing for HerCampus Portland for a couple months now and have loved every minute of it! Hope you enjoy what I have to say :)