Meet Foreign Campus Cutie Tadeu Velloso!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

University of Portland writer Lesley Dawson caught up with good friend and foriegn campus cutie Tadeu Velloso this week!

Where is your hometown? Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerias, Brasil

What is your major? Org Comm with a minor in History (Pre-Law).

What is it like to be a foreign hottie? **slight giggle** Well, it’s fun.

What is your favorite thing about Brazil? Tropical rain and my minha familia.

Do you know the Girl from Ipanema? We used to play barefoot volleyball in the streets of Belo Horizonte.

What do you like to do in your free time? Play futbol, drink Guarana and dance to “Ai Se Eu Te Pego” by Michel Telo, watch telanovelas and read “The Alchemist” by Paolo Coelho in original Portuguese.

What is your favorite snack from Brazil? Brigadero which is like fudge balls with chocolate sprinkles and chicken Coxinhas.

What languages do you speak? English, Portuguese and Spanish.

What food reminds you of home? Rice and black beans.

Who is your favorite famous Brazilian? Pele. Obviously.

When was the last time you were in Brazil? Over spring break.

How excited are you that your home country is hosting the Olympics and the World Cup? I’m really excited especially since my uncle is the architect that designed one of the stadiums that one of the World Cup games will be played in.

How do American girls and Brazilian girls stack up? Brazilian girls are more carefree and curvy. American girls are self-aware.

What is your favorite rainforest creature and why? Jaguar because I love jungle cats.

What are the top Brazilian destinations that you would recommend for our readers? The statue of Christ the Redeemer, Ipanema, and a soccer game wherever you can find one!

Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.