Meet David Lee ’13!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Meet David Lee: talk, dark and handsome, and UP’s campus cutie of the week.

Name: David Lee
Year: Senior 2013
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Hometown: Pearl City, Hawaii

What is your favorite Disney movie?
Aw, there’s honestly too many to name. Like I could go with one of the classic ones like “Aladdin” or “Lion King,” or one of the newer ones like “Tangled” or “Wally.” I grew up as a Disney fanatic, so they’re just something I enjoy.

Which Disney princess would you “live happily ever after” with?
I’d be Jasmine’s Aladdin. Or maybe I’d be Mulan’s Shang. If I’m Aladdin I get a flying carpet, but if I’m Shang I get to enjoy the beauty of China. I like scenic places.

In ten years, where do you see yourself?
I see myself as an officer in the Air Force, hopefully with a family and kids, living somewhere that’s not too cold. I like the cold weather, but not the rainy Portland kind of cold.

If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Super strength, so I could protect all the people that I love and care about.

Describe your type of girl.
I’m into the smart and independent type who knows how to have fun but knows how to get things done, too. She’s the kind of girl that stays in shape and loves being active, and she gets along well with my family and friends. Oh, and she’s the type to put up with me being stupid, too.

What about women’s fashion do you not understand?
Wearing a dress in cold weather or wearing high heels over shoes that are comfortable. Oh, and wearing shorts with Uggs, too. It baffles me.

Do you GTL (Gym, Tan, Laundry)?
Gym? Yes. Tan? No, how can I do that in Portland? And laundry? Yeah, who doesn’t? If I didn’t do laundry, I wouldn’t have clothes to work out in or look good in.

Any special lady in your life?
The only special lady I have in my life as of right now is my mom.

Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.