Meet Dana Lawson-Rivera!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Dana Lawson-Rivera

Year: Junior 

Studying: Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience 

Hometown: Olympia, WA

On-Campus Involvement: Kenna Hall Resident Assistant, Member of Society of Women Engineers and the Mechanical Engineers Club

Where do you prefer to eat on-campus, the Pilot House or Commons?  Commons

What’s your favorite food station in the Commons? The sandwich station!

Which dorms have you lived in? I lived in Mehling Hall my freshman year, Lund Family Hall my sophomore year and now I live in Kenna Hall as an RA (Resident Assistant).

What’s one thing you’ve liked about each dorm you’ve lived in?

• Mehling Hall: I lived on the 6thtfloor so I liked being higher up in a building. The rooms are also pretty big with lots of shelves.
  • Lund Family Hall: I liked the laminate floors and the whole building was very new and shiny. They also had good events going on, like good food events.
  • Kenna Hall: It is such a great community! There are really nice people and the beautiful, huge windows are amazing!

How old were you when you got your first tattoo?

I was 19 years old when I got my tattoos. 

How many tattoos do you have? 

I currently have three tattoos. 

What are the tattoos of? 

I have one of a sweet pea, one of a carrot and then another one of a lavender sprig. 

Do you have a favorite tattoo? 

Nope, I like them all equally but in different ways. 

Any future plans for another tattoo?

Yes! I’m thinking of a blue bird or a robin on a branch. My grandma really likes birds and she’s a great lady. I might think of something little along the way, so we’ll see what the next one turns out to be. 

Quick Questions-Ready, go! 

• Favorite Food: Sushi. I really like Samurai Blue on N. Mississippi Ave.
  • Favorite Movie: Juno
  • Dream Vacation: Italy
  • One thing that you always have with you: My phone
  • Ketchup or mustard? Mustard
  • Cats or Dogs? Dogs
Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.