samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Get a Jump Start on Your Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Whether you want to realize it or not, finals are almost here! Instead of pretending they’ll never come, maybe this year you try to start studying early? Here are some tips on setting yourself up for success for your upcoming exams and assignments. 

1. Make a list of your major assignments/exams that you have left. 

2. Start collecting notes and materials for your assignments/study guides. 

It’s likely that your professor has already sent you the instructions for your final assignments or exams. Take a look at your requirements to see what material you need to review. Maybe you have to check out some books to write a paper or you can start making your study guides. 

3. Schedule out when you’ll study for each assignment/exam. 

4. Email your professors to set up office hours visits to fit your study schedule. 

If you’re like me you never go to office hours. Mix this up a bit! Your professors will recognize the effort you’re putting in when it comes time for them to grade. 

5. Sign up for meetings with tutors. 

6. Use your syllabi to estimate your grades. 

This tip could come in handy if you have no idea what your grades are. Knowing your grades can help you set your priorities for studying.

7. Set up your study groups.

Kelsie is from Klamath Falls, Oregon. She is a sophomore pursuing a Political Science and Spanish Double Major at the University of Portland. She has five brothers and two sisters. Her hobbies include hiking, watching movies, and telling bad jokes.