Halloween Essentials: Survival Kit Edition

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Here are your Halloween essentials to make sure you’re all set for a great night!

Freeman Beauty

With all the photos you’ll be taking tonight, you’ll want your skin to look as fresh as your costume. Try one of Freeman Beauty masks!  I’ve been an avid user of Freeman Beauty masks for years. There’s just so many to choose from! Have oily-breakout prone skin? Try the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser. Looking to relax and exfoliate? Try the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask.  Halloween’s a day all about witchcraft and fun. If you want a face mask that works like magic to moisturize, remineralize and make skin sensationally soft, use the Feeling Beautiful Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask.

Erin Condren Planner 

While you’re waiting for your face mask to dry, go over your plans for the night by checking your Erin Condren Hardbound Life Planner. You’re not just busy tonight, you’re busy all the time, so having a planner that’s super cute and organized is a must. With the signature Erin Condren layout it’s the perfect planner for the gal on the go.

AÉROPOSTALE

I don’t know about everyone else, but sometimes I have way more fun getting ready for an event than I do at the actual event itself. That being said, Halloween is no exception. If you’re looking for some accessories to put the final touches on your outfit, look no further than Aeropostale. They have some seriously cute earrings and rings. One thing I love more than a good set of earrings or a ring, is a good pair of jeans. I literally live in jeans. If you’re looking to make your Halloween costume a little warmer think about trying some of Aero’s seriously stretchy denim styles.

L’Oréal Paris

While I wish I stayed tan all year long, sadly I don’t. I get really pale, especially in Portland when the sun takes a vacay for a good 4-5 months. One year when I came home for summer break, my mom thought I was ill because of how pale I was. Thanks, mom. Anyway, it’s the end of October meaning you’ve probably lost that sun-kissed glow from the summer. Let’s take a moment of silence for the summer tans we’ve all lost. Ready to move on? If a dress, skirt or shorts is vital to your Halloween costume but you don’t want to look like as pale as a ghost, then try some of L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Tanning Towelettes or ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist

Spindrift Sparkling Water 

Move over La Croix, there’s a new sparkling water in town!  Sprindrift is America’s first and only sparkling water made with real, squeezed fruit. With seven flavors, there’s something for everyone. There’s lemon, orange mango and raspberry lime, oh my! All the drinks are unsweetened and taste great in cocktails and mocktails! Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Time to make a Halloween drink!

HI-CHEW

Are you helping pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters? At UP, we have HALLoween which is where neighborhood kids come and go trick-or-treating in the dorms! Some faculty and staff bring their kids by too which makes it extra fun. If you’re trying to figure out which candy to hand out, why not give out some HI-CHEW! HI-CHEW is cholesterol free, gluten free, has 0g trans fat, contains no artificial colors and is made with real fruit juices and purees, so even if you and your friends end up eating all the candy you don’t have to feel guilty.  Calories don’t count on holidays anyway, right?

Bed Head by TIGI

Are you in love with your Halloween hair? Maybe you finally mastered the perfect curl or rocked some straight and sleek hair that you want to rock to class tomorrow. Halloween hair so nice why not rock it twice! Spray some of Bed Head’s by TIGI Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo or Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo on your hair before you go to bed so that you don’t wake up with greasy locks.  Dry shampoo’s great if you stayed up really late and would rather sleep in than wash your hair before your Wednesday morning 8:10 am.  Make sure to check out Bed Head by TIGI’s Masterpiece Shine Hairspray or Hard Head Hairspray too.

Steripod 

After all that Halloween fun, you’ll need to brush those pearly whites unless you want your teeth to become candy corn yellow. #NoThanks Crashing at a friend’s house for the night? Before you just throw your toothbrush into your bag take a moment to think about all the nasty airborne contaminants that could get on your toothbrush and then how you’re going to put that into your mouth. Can you say nasty? We can. But guess what, there’s an easy solution, Steripod! This clip-on toothbrush protector uses thymol, found in a lot of mouthwashes and oral antiseptics, to release active vapors, creating a safe environment to store your toothbrush. It’s the perfect on-the-go solution and you’ll never have to worry about how clean your toothbrush actually is ever again. #Bless

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.