alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get to Know Sophomore, Maddi Murphy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Maddi Murphy

Year: Sophomore 

Major: Nursing

Hometown: Atwater, California

What do you love most about UP?

I love the community, the people, and the professors in the nursing department. They make you feel really welcomed and included, and they care about how well you do. The food is also good!

What’s your favorite part about being a nursing major?

It’s going to be a very rewarding career that I’m excited about. I also love how it’s a direct entry program, and I’m so excited to start upper division!

I hear you’re studying abroad next semester!

Yes! I’m doing a semester in Fremantle, Australia

What are you most looking forward to about it?

I’m excited to travel- I’ve never been outside of the U.S. before and I’m excited to meet people from new cultures. I’m looking forward to hearing what people think about the American accent and perfecting my Australian accent. SHRIMP ON THE BARBI! 

Do you have any words of advice to our readers as they finish out their semester?

As much as we all want to drop out of college during finals week, don’t. It’s going to suck right now, but it’s going to feel great when you finish. (That’s what she said.)

Quick Takes…

Spirit Animal: Salami

Is a hot dog a sandwich: No, you uncultured swine.

Old Taylor or New Taylor: Is neither an option?

Dream Superpower: Invisibility

Favorite Quote from the Office: “Dwight, you ignorant slut!”

Student at the University of Portland #GoPilots CA born and raised, OR transplant Lover of coffee, music, sarcasm and dogs