Fabulous Fall Break!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Is anyone else super excited to be on Fall Break? We’ve got some great ideas to fill your time that don’t involve homework!

Pumpkin pickin’! Who doesn’t love finding the perfect pumpkin? Sauvie Island has a great pumpkin patch that offers great pumpkin pickin’ options!

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. An oldie but a goodie, this 1966 animated TV special of the Peanuts characters enjoying this wonderful time of year may be hard to come by, but it’s worth it!

Get Lost! Who doesn’t love wandering through a corn maze trying to find their way out? Step it up a notch and try going through a haunted corn maze!

Beard contest: That 5 o’clock shadow just isn’t enough to make some women swoon. Although this event doesn’t happen during Fall Break, we had to let you know about this awesome beard contest happening on October 25th at the Keller Auditorium!   

All things pumpkin! Try your hand at baking some of these delicious pumpkin cookies! Sweet and delicious, you may even label them as your new favorite dessert.

Film & Music Festival: Happening October 10th-22th in Downtown Portland, you won’t want to miss this festival with a music theme at the Portland Art Museum and Mission Theater.

Discount day at the Zoo! As college students we’re always looking for a great deals! Admission to the Oregon Zoo is only $4 on the second Tuesday of every month. Watch as these cute animals enjoy the changing colors of the leaves!

Have a wonderful, productive and all around fabulous Fall Break! 

A girl loving the exploregon mentatlity.