5 New TV Shows to Enjoy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

There’s something special about getting hooked on a new tv show. There, of course, our the favorites like Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, Criminal Minds… the list goes on and on, but it’s fun getting into a new show and seeing how the plot progresses! I personally love the quick 22 minute episodes- can you say perfect study break? So here are a few new shows, no matter what your tv show taste is that you will be sure to enjoy!

Enlisted- Sgt. Pete Hill (Geoff Stults) comes home from Afghanistan to reunited with his two brothers, Randy and Derrick (Parker Young and Chris Lowell) and they work together on a base along with the rest of their dysfunctional squad. Completely silly and totally ridiculous at times, but you can’t help but laugh! Also, the cast isn’t too bad to look at either if you know what I mean!

Mixology- This sitcom has had it’s good and bad reviews, but I like to decide about a show for myself! It’s about 5 single guys and 5 single girls as they search for love through the course of a night with an event called “Mix” where they meet up with other single people for conversations and drinks. It’s stars Vanessa Lengies (Joanne from Stick It), so at least she is bound to bring some laughs.

Intelligence- For those of you who like a little action and a little sci-fi, Intelligence centers around Gabriel (Josh Holloway from Lost) who has had a chip implanted in his brain that gives him access to the global information grid (internet, GPS, the works). It’s chronicles his journey to distinguish between the parts of him that human and technology. A little eerie to image what life would be like if this ever happened and sometimes a little action packed butt kicking is fun!

Killer Women- This show has been fun to watch over the past few weeks. It revolves around Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer) who is a Texas Ranger that investigates women criminals. Not for the faint of heart, but for all of the die hard crime show lovers, this is a great pick! Gotta love a woman in charge, as she balances her role as one of the few female Texas Rangers, while still looking great! Some great romance and humor thrown in there as well!

These are just a few of the new and fun shows that will be airing over the next few months! Of course, some of the best like, Sherlock, Once Upon a Time, and Bones, will still be around, but these shows are worth checking out! Happy Watching!

Hi Friends! My name is Sam and I'm a senior Biology major at UP. I'm also the 4th floor RA in Mehling (the best dorm ever)! Here are a few things that I love right now: tea, friends, sunshine, bows, scarves, salted caramel anything, and hand-written letters. I'm so excited to be a member of Her Campus here at UP and can't wait to share new and fun things with everyone!
Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.