5 Comfy, Cozy Coffee Shops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

There is just something about a coffee shop that makes you study harder, concentrate more, and feel cozy all at the same time. Maybe it’s the smell of the local roast or the fluffy pillows on the seats. If you are a coffee lover, like me, this is your second home where you hang out with friends, have meetings, relax, or do homework.

In our North Portland community, there are many affordable, hip but not too hipster coffee shops close to campus. Here are 5 cafes to check out!

Fourth Estate Coffeehouse

7373 N Burlington Ave

Portland, OR 97203

Anna Bananas Café

8716 N. Lombard St.

Portland, OR 97203

Cathedral Coffee Shop

7530 N. Willamette Blvd.

Portland, OR 97203

The Arbor Lodge

1507 N. Rosa Parks Way

Portland, OR 97217

Cup and Saucer    

8237 N. Denver

Portland, OR 97203

Dorothy Olszyk is a communication studies major at the University of Portland. Her interests are journalism and graphic design. She is from Eugene, OR and she loves her hometown artist Mat Kearney. What Dorothy loves about Portland is the PB&J cart on NW 23rd  St. and the 90's dances at the Crystal Ballroom.  
Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.