4 Ways to Usher in Spring (Right Now)

Spring break was here and gone in a flash, but that doesn’t mean it has to be gone forever! As Portlanders, we are pros at soaking up the sun–when it actually comes out, that is. But what is a girl to do when the grey days outnumber the sunny ones?

Here are 4 ways to brighten up your day and remind you that spring is really, truly here (I promise): 

1. Be a kid again. Remember those days where you spent hours and hours just being creative? As busy college students, we certainly don’t have that kind of time, but a springtime craft can be just the thing you need to get your creative juices flowing again. Check out some easy, spring craft ideas here.

2.  Dance party! Grab your girls, blast some springtime tunes, and dance the rain away!

3. Dress like its springtime. Grab your favorite dress and rock it with a pair of warm tights and cute boots. Even just dressing the part can help you forget what the weather is really like!

4. Concoct a refreshing drink. Nothing can remind you of spring like a thirst-quenching drink. Try one of these fruit-flavored water recipes or create your own! Oh, and did I mention how pretty they will look in your mason jar? #hipster

Happy Spring!

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.