Her Campus Logo Her Campus Logo

3 Easy Ways to ACE This Semester

Ready to ACE this semester? (Of course you are!) Check out our quick tips and you’ll be prepped to take on Spring Break, HOMEWORK FREE! 

Plan ahead.

One of the easiest ways you can get ahead is to plan ahead. Invest in a calendar (online or paper) that you’ll actually want to use. A few fun pens (color coding, anyone?) might be a good addition, too.

During the first week, take some time to identify your time sucks: i.e. challenging, busy-work ridden courses, extra-curriculars, etc. Organize your syllabi and enter relevant due dates into your calendar of choice. Doing this in the first few weeks before everything gets crazy busy will totally pay off: while your classmates are scrambling to write the essay that’s due tomorrow, you’ll be catching up on some very important Netflix shows.

Get involved.

Summer is just around the corner…and so are those internship/jobs applications you’ve been eyeing. One of the best ways you can set yourself up for success in an interview is to show how involved you are outside of the classroom.

Here at UP we are surrounded by TONS of opportunities to get involved. Is service your thing? Check out the Moreau Center. Into dancing? Acting? Journalism? German? UP features a club for just about everything you can think of. Seriously.

Shameless plug: if you are interested in getting experience working in media, Her Campus Portland is always looking for talented writers, social media specialists and PR/events coordinators. Email [email protected] for more info!

Make time for YOU.

As busy, over-extended college students, we tend to focus 95% of our time on school, leaving only 5% to ourselves. This semester, find ways to make more time for yourself. Doing so will prevent you from experiencing extreme burnout later in the semester.

Packed schedule? YOU time doesn’t have to take hours.

In TEN minutes you could…

• paint your nails

• pamper yourself with a mini facial

• call a friend you haven’t heard from in a while

• get lost in the world of Pinterest

In THIRTY minutes, you could…

• watch an inspiring TED talk

• call 2 friends you haven’t heard from in a while

• take a long-awaited nap

 

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.
Similar Reads👯‍♀️