21 Drinks to Know When You Turn 21

Sip, Sip, Hooray! You're 21! Welcome to the age where you can now legally get into bars and buy alcohol. Turning 21's definitely a birthday milestone. Maybe you already know your way around a bar and have your go-to drink, but if you're looking to try something new check out these 21 drinks: 

1. Long Island Iced Tea

What's in it: Vodka, Gin, White Rum, Tequila, Triple Sec, Lemon Juice, Cola, Lemon Wedges 

Not going to lie, this is one of my go-to drinks. 

2. AMF

What's in it: Vodka, Gin, White Rum, Tequila, Blue Curacao, Sour Mix, Lemon-Lime Soda, Lemon Slice, Lime Slice, Maraschino Cherry

3. Whiskey Sour

What's in it: Whiskey, Maraschino Cherry, Sour Mix (Lemon Juice, Sugar, Water), Egg White (Optional) 

4. Martini

What's in it: Vodka, Olive Juice 

* There are all kinds of martinis. Click here to check out more varieties.*

5. Amaretto Sour

What's in it: Amaretto Liqueur, Sweet & Sour Mix, Lemon-Lime Soda, Orange Slice, Maraschino Cherry

6. Margarita

What's in it: Tequila, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Triple Sec, Glass Rimmed with Salt, Ice, Slice of Lime

*There are tons of different margaritas. Click here to check out more. 

7. Jagerbomb

What's in it: Shot of Jagermeister dropped into a glass of beer. People now use Red Bull instead of beer. 

Warning: Mixing energy drinks with alcohol is not recommended. 

8. Screwdriver 

What's in it: Vodka, Orange Juice 

9. Mimosa

What's in it: Orange Juice, Champagne 

10. Strawberry Daiquiri

What's in it: Frozen Strawberries, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Rum, Sugar, Ice, Lemon-Lime Soda

11. Mai Tai

What's in it: Dark Rum, Light Rum, Triple Sec, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice, Maraschino Cherry

Related Article: 21 Things You Need in Your Closet by the Time You're 21

12. Old Fashioned

What's in it: Bitters, Water, Orange Wedge, Maraschino Cherries, Bourbon or Whiskey 

13. Cosmopolitan

What's in it: Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice, Lime Juice

14. Manhattan

What's in it: Whiskey, Sweet Red Vermouth, Maraschino Cherry, Bitters, Orange Peel 

15. Dirty Shirley

What's in it: Grenadine Syrup, Vodka, Sprite, Maraschino Cherries

16. Piña Colada

What's in it: Pineapple Juice, White Rum, Ice, Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk, Pineapple Wedge, Maraschino Cherry

17. Tequila Sunrise

What's in this: Tequila, Orange Juice, Grenadine, Orange Slice, Maraschino Cherry

18. Sex on the Beach

What's in this: Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice, Orange Slice, Maraschino Cherry

19. Mojito

What's in it: Rum, Mint Leaves, Lime Juice, Sugar, Club Soda, Lime Wedges

20. Moscow Mule

What's in it: Vodka, Spicy Ginger Beer, Lime Juice, Lime Wedge *Typically served in a copper mug*

21. The Classics: Rum & Coke, Vodka Cranberry, Whiskey GingerGin & TonicVodka Lemonade

What's in a...

Rum & Coke: Rum, Cola, Lime Juice, Lime Slice

Vodka Cran: Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Lime Slice 

Whiskey Ginger: Ginger Ale, Whiskey 

Gin & Tonic: Gin, Tonic Water, Lime Slice  

Vodka Lemonade:  Vodka, Lemonade, Lemon Slide