10 Things to do in Portland this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Are you here in Portland this summer? Not from Portland? Then this list is for you! Trying to find things to do can be difficult if you’re used to the confines of NoPo, but the summer time is great for exploring all that Portland has to offer!

1. Oregon Zoo

2. Salt and Straw

Cool off this summer with some delicious ice cream! And come back each month for the different signature flavors. This month’s flavors are: Chocolate Party, 180 Xurro and Xocolata, Ramen, Lemon and Lime, Vanilla Rose Bubble Tea, The Apple Frosting Caramel Crackers, Rainforest Mist, Butterscotch Crush, and Triple M (non-dairy). 

3. Powell’s 

4. Thrift shopping

Have some down time this summer? Spend hours looking for the perfect thrift treasure in the AC of a Goodwill. Look for some new shorts, sandals, or new summer dresses! 

5. Decorate your backyard

6. Cook summer recipes

Watermelon season is almost here. This means that BBQ food and frozen treats (otter pops y’all) are also on the horizon. 

7. Saturday Market

8. Portland Japanese Garden

Take some time to relax by visiting the Portland Japanese Garden! The garden is beautiful and you’ll appreciate the time to be alone with your thoughts (and the koi fish). 

9. Forest Park

10. Hike the “4T”

This stands for trail, tram, trolley, train. It’s like experiencing Portland in one day! Read more here about the trail loop.

Kelsie is from Klamath Falls, Oregon. She is a sophomore pursuing a Political Science and Spanish Double Major at the University of Portland. She has five brothers and two sisters. Her hobbies include hiking, watching movies, and telling bad jokes.